Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just the Beginning


As I'm getting this Women's Fastpitch League together in Oklahoma, there has been a flood of excitement. But, with that, a lot of memories have come back to me. I passed by my old high schools baseball field, lights lit up, remembered sitting on my front porch looking at those lights listening to the sports announcer, followed by the cheer of the crowd.

I remember begging my mother at the age of 4 to let me play softball and the sadness that overwhelmed me when she said no. Then later, when I turned 5, the sheer joy when she finally said yes, Each year the love and anticipation for the game grew. And, now, twenty-four years later, the familiar butterflies I get before every game I play. :)

With the rush of adrenaline that comes with softball, there is just as much tranquility with the sport. It's time to gain the feeling again and to keep it going.

Contact me for more information on how
okc-tornado-alley@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment